Monday 11 May 2009

topic changes!!!!

Due to a meeting last week with my supervisor i have to change my dissertation topic a week before the research proposal is due. It is challenging and very interesting situation but due to personal and financial problem I was not able to schedule a meeting earlier with him.

The old topic was to analyse Mega-event legacies. The problem is that the primary data is not reliable because of the nature of legacy itself. The data has been altered with many other source of information and sometimes cannot be retrieved. According to Preuss (2007) the methodology of measuring legacy is not viable.
The new topic is to analyse the impact of the UEFA champion leagues final in Rome. This event occurs on the 27 of Mai 2009 and due to constraint it is impossible to attend it. My supervisor has thus advise me to conduct a media discourse analysis. I am not really sure how this method will enable me to obtain in depth knowledge of the event. I suppose that their will be a lot of media coverage around Europe and that it will help me in the research. The problem is that for my research proposal the literature review will not be very important and i am not sure about previous research in the field.


hope, prayers and a lot of work to come

Garry

3 comments:

oReo said...

Your topic is interesting that you will able to attend the final UEFA Champion League in Rome but I think the ticket will be very expensive because I have checked it that so expensive. Fortunately, if you can visit this football match that it's a great experience.
However, Hopefully, you ( and me ^0^) can finish reserach proposal and you could visit the UEFA match.

Ksenia said...

Garry, your new topic is much more interesting and exciting!!! I hope you will manage to write your proposal and find all relevant information. You know that I'm a great fan of football so you can rely on my support and help of course! I have some articles about football and media coverage. So if you want I can send them to you!!! Good luck!!!

tasnub hossain ove said...

your new research area seems very interesting and wish i could steal the idea before. Your topic is very clear and specific, that makes everything easy.good luck.